Volunteers and community partners play an important role in Salem-Keizer Public Schools. Each day in every school, volunteers support and encourage staff and students, take an active role in helping every student achieve. Through their contributions of time, energy, inspiration and expertise, volunteers often report they receive more than they give.
Anyone may apply to become a volunteer. Before taking part in a volunteer activity, applicants must complete a criminal history check.
Submit a Criminal History Check
You can use our online webform to submit a criminal history check. The online process is secure, and only authorized district staff will see the results.
A paper criminal history check form may be submitted, however the clearance process can take several weeks. The online submission form above is the preferred method.
Learn About Volunteering
You can fill out a Volunteer form online at the Salem-Keizer Education Foundation's website, or print out and use the identical form in the brochure Volunteering in Salem-Keizer attached below.
Note: You must also fill out the online Criminal History Check form, in additon to the Volunteering form, regardless of if you use the link to SKEF's online Volunteer form, or if you use the form in the Volunteering in Salem-Keizer print brochure below.
Important Information for Volunteers
- Maintaining Appropriate Boundaries
- Repsonding to Suspected Child Abuse
- Child Abuse Reporting
- Bullying and Harrassment Information
Contact your local school about:
- Becoming a mentor or school volunteer
- Joining a parent club or 21st Century Site Council
Contact the Salem-Keizer Education Foundation about:
- Supporting events like the Crystal Apple Awards, the Awesome 3000, etc.
- Being matched to a school or program that needs you the most
- Helping in after school and summer camp programs
Contact Debbie Joa in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about
- The criminal history check process
- The list of approved volunteers (only visible from a district computer, and for internal use only)
Contact Karma Krause in Community Relations & Communications at email@example.com for all other volunteer-related questions.