Physicals Required Every Two Years
State law requires students in grades 7–12 participating in school athletics to get a physical every two years.
Students participating in pre-season activities connected to school-sponsored athletics should get a physical over the summer if they have not had one in the last two years. Students who have a valid doctor's note for physicals taken in the last two years do not have to get another one to participate in fall sports.
More information: Contact middle or high school principals or athletic directors or the district's office of Secondary Education at 503-399-2636.
More information is available on the Oregon School Activities Association website.
Athletic Participation Fees Middle and High School
High School 2013-14
The high school athletic participation fee and the high school ASB Card fee are as follows:
- Athletic Activity Fee per sport: $175 ($70 for students on reduced lunch program and $35 for students on the free lunch program).
- The maximum individual cap for all students is $350, which means an individual student cannot pay more than $350 to play sports in high school each year.
- The maximum family cap for all students is $700, which means each family will not pay more than $700 to have their students play sports in high school each year.
- High School ASB Card Fee: $40 per student The ASB Card is considered a great savings to students. They can use the card to 'get in for free' at local and away regular Valley League athletic events if their school team is playing.
Middle School 2013-14
The middle school athletic participation fee is as follows:
- Athletic Activity Fee per sport: $45 ($15 for students on free or reduced lunch program)
The following sports will be offered this year:
- Fall: Cross Country - All Grades; eighth Grade Boys Football and eighth Grade Girls Volleyball
- Spring: sixth, seventh, and eighth grade Girls and Boys Track & Field
If you have any questions about these fee increases, please contact your local school or call the Secondary Education office at 503-399-2636.